Thursday, March 18, 2010

Dining Room Ideas...

I'm trying to get my home all in order for my portfolio and right now my biggest concern is my dining area. It's small right off the kitchen very informal. Since my living room has tons of color and fun, I want to keep the dining area a little more simple with shades of tans and blues.

I already have a white parsons style console table and a dark wood simple rectangle dining table as well as two peacock blue lamps that will go on each side of the console they look very similar to these although I got mine for $5 each at my favorite antique store.




I will need 4 faux bamboo chippendale chairs. These are from Ballards but since I dont want to pay that much I will probably search ebay and craigslist.






I will reupholster the chairs in this gorgeous Laura Ashley ikat fabric


I think I'm going to go with a simple sisal rug from Ikea




The Price is right on this super cute capriz pendant from Home Depot



I also am LOVING this capriz pendant from Target








What do you think? Any Suggestions??

9 comments:

Unknown said...

Great pieces! Searching for the right pieces for a great deal is so much fun + rewarding! ps - great blog! xo

Pug1 said...

looking forward to seeing it all together! CHEERS! Michele

MaryBeth Houlihan said...

i cannot believe that pendent is at target?! great find.

paula said...

sounds gorgeous! a mirror can always make a space feel larger. maybe over the console?

Erica Cook said...

Hmmm all that's left is a great mirror or art piece over the console and I think you nailed it! awesome. :)

bazaarofserendipity said...

Aww thanks guys! :) I have a mirror its very large with nail head trim. Its black but Im thinking I will silver leaf it :)

I will share the photos when im all done!

ashlina {the decorista} said...

ok the blue lamp + white chairs are to die for my obsessions. i am so in love.
i really like the first lamp...although they both are adorable.

great selection.

sanjeet said...

looking forward to seeing it all
home based data entry

bazaarofserendipity said...

The last capriz pendent is also available here: http://www.islandwoods.com/images_lamps_lg/C0641,C0642_lg.jpg

for only $162! woo hoo